Simba – the sonic blue + bubblegum Pink 86

Latest News Club Forum Member Builds Simba – the sonic blue + bubblegum Pink 86

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Karan 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mariam
    Participant
    Registered On: 21/03/2016
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

After Mufasa (my old Barina) got written off about a month ago, I had to buy a car…it was either going to be an Alfa or an 86…around the corner (well up the road) from my house was a wonderful Automatic (wish I knew how to drive manual) Sonic Blue 86 being sold at Ferguson’s Toyota. I scheduled a time for me to go test-drive him on a Sunday, but it was love at first sight with Simba and I couldn’t let go. Plenty of money + eagerness and a whole load of love later, Simba came home with me the next day.

What he looked like day 1

The very same day I bought Simba, I purchased new plates (every wise woman should man proof her car, right?) and I had also discussed with Nick (the dealer who sold me my car) that I won’t start any mods till 6 months down the track…I thought to myself, “plates aren’t mods and not pricey, should be fine”.

But it didn’t stop there – a never ending list of what I wanted to change started to build up: Tail lights, exhaust, aesthetics (stripes, fogs), body kit, lowering, 18″ wheels, brakes, suspension….but my biggest dilemmas are what to go for! (All advice is much appreciated)

3 weeks on, Simba is a true man proudly shining in his pink armour. I installed my blue hue Valenti Style Tail lights on Wednesday and got my racing stripes done on Thursday at Cyber Motorsports in Carlton. They also did a great job with the black toyota emblems (which might soon change to diamante ones shipped from the US). Now truly considering pink callipers but not sure if I should wait til I upgrade to 18″ wheels and change the brakes.

Nearly done at Cyber MotorSports

I’m really unsure of what exhaust I want – I don’t want tooooo loud as Simba is my everyday use car and I don’t want him to annoy me with a rough sound – comfort is key to everything I am looking for with Simba.

Looking for thoughts, but I’ve got my heart set on a STI kit which I’ve shopped around for and been advised that I can get the same BRZ one but to fit onto the 86 (YAY).

Still a long way to go with this beauty – all advice on what others think/have done with their cars would be seriously appreciated!

Other images (p.s. the wheel pinstripes have since been removed as they don’t match)

Karan
    Participant
    Registered On: 19/02/2014
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 65

Nice & bold! Welcome :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.