Tyres

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lawrence_demasi 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lawrence_demasi
    Participant
    Registered On: 20/04/2014
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 20

Info from Toyo Tyres promo last year

T1 sport – High end performance tyre (OEM version to Audi RS5) that does not compromise comfort and noise. Decent all rounder and great improvement on stock. Good for the odd track day and for people who have a only few mods.

R1R – More performance than the above however expect increased noise and a reduction in ride quality. This is the tyre for you if you track the car regularly.

R888 [old model – still good!] – Serious dry performance tyre with limited life, hardened ride quality and increased noise. Consider this your go to track tyre

R888R – Same compound as the above R888, however they feature a new tread pattern and increased tread wear (life). These tyres were introduced as a response to new requirements in Europe. They provide a 15-16% (based on presentation slide from <span class=”highlightNode”>Toyo</span>) performance improvement over the R888

lawrence_demasi
    Participant
    Registered On: 20/04/2014
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 20

—-Conversation about track—

Benjamin Cheong Can’t go better than AD08Rs locally unless you step into the league of semi slicks

Benjamin Cheong If track times are paramount go Ventus TD Z221

Toby Findlay RS3s are amazing but nothing compared to the z221

NT01 Vs RS3 is same same

Benjamin Cheong I reckon too. I’ve used nt01 before. It’s pretty meh for a semi

Benjamin Cheong Bearing in mind that RS3 is classified as a ultra high performance street tyre and the NT01 is classified as a semi slick…

Thane Irwin For track only, go the NT01’s. Good entrance into the world of Semis. Otherwise on the street Hybrid section, AD08r’s or Direzza Star Spec ZIIs are both similar. 595RSRR’s are also proving to be pretty good. I could recommend about 15 more that are better but unfortunately Australian tyre selection sucks.

Sho Mai for your advan boys… A052.. it exists!

Leon Tiu Yes they exist,  but Yokohama A050 and Hankook Z221 are still fastest.

John Boston I have been using the Yokohama AO52 for a while now. Great tyre

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.